The ILS World Conference on Drowning Prevention (WCDP) is one of the most important events on the calendar of the International Life Saving Federation (ILS). The World Conference on Drowning Prevention is a global conference offered by the ILS.
The purpose is to bring together the world’s foremost experts, research, systems and information on drowning prevention, rescue, lifesaving and water safety for exchange, debate and further development that will lead to reduction of death and injury in all aquatic environments worldwide.
The next ILS World Conference on Drowning Prevention will take place in:
- WCDP 2023: Colombo, Sri Lanka (was initially planned in 2021, but was postponed to 2023 due to Covid-19.
- WCDP 2025: Marrakesh, Morocco.
- 2019 – Durban, South Africa
- 2017 – Vancouver, Canada
- 2015 – Penang, Malaysia
- 2013 – Potsdam, Germany
- 2011 – DaNang, Vietnam
- 2007 – Porto/Matosinhos, Portugal
- 1997 – San Diego, USA (ILS Medical and Rescue Conference)
NOTE: A World Congress on Drowning was held in Amsterdam in 2002 under the auspices of the Maatschappij tot het Redding van Drenkelingen, of the Netherlands.