In mid-2019, the ILS Asia-Pacific (ILS-AP) Regional Board created a Regional Training Committee to guide the development and implementation of relevant training programs, resources and materials that supports the use of the ILS Certificates within the Region.
The Committee will also respond to and coordinate requests for assistance from ILS member organisations to implement a system of training in accordance with the ILS Certificates.
The Committee is comprised the members of the Rescue Commission from ILS members from ILS-AP, which as at the time of creation in mid-2019 was as follows.
- Mr. Peter George AM (Australia-Surf)
- Dr. Shayne Baker OAM DProf (Australia-Royal)
- Mr. Toshinori Ishikawa (Japan)
- Ms. Pamela Simon (Australia-Surf)
- Mr. Abby Tsoi (Hong Kong)
- Mr. Adam Weir (Australia-Surf )
- Ms. Maryam Saleb Al Zamani (Iran)
- Mr. Nicholas Mulcahy (New Zealand)
- Mr. Matthew Thompson (Australia-Surf) – non-voting
The ILS-AP Regional President is acting Chairperson of the Committee.
The Terms of References of the Committee are provided below.